Hyderabad Metro Rail: To create an efficient, safe, reliable, economical & world-class public transportation system in Hyderabad which will facilitate the city’s transformation as a competitive global city with high quality of life”. Below we provided the details of No of Stations List, Timings, Route Map, Fare Charges of Coins & Smart Cards.
PM Modi will inaugurate Hyderabad Metro Rail on November 28. The Prime Minister Narendra Modi along with Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao will take a metro ride and travel from Miyapur to Kukatpally.
Notably, the trains have received special attention to ensure comfort, speed and safety. Each train would initially have three coaches and 330 people can travel in each train. The number of coaches can be increased to six depending on the traffic.
The L&T Metro Rail (Hyderabad) has already installed sophisticated CCTV cameras at all the stations and in trains. HMRL’s Managing Director N V S Reddy earlier said that several measures have been taken up to ensure a comfortable travel for the disabled people also. Hyderabad Metro Rail Limited was formulated in May 2007.
Hyderabad Metro Rail Route Map:
The 30-km-long first phase of the metro rail project between Miyapur and Nagole, having 24 stations, would be launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi at 2.15 pm today at Miyapur station.
Hyd Metro Rail Project Stations List
3 Corridors – 66 Stations – 3 Interchange Stations:
|Corridor I||Corridor II||Corridor III|
|Miyapur to L B Nagar – 27 Stations||JBS to Falaknuma – 16 Stations||Nagole to Shilparamam – 23 Stations|
|Stations – Corridor I:|
|Miyapur||JNTU College||KPHB Colony|
|Bharat Nagar||Erragadda||ESI Hospital|
|S R Nagar||Ameerpet Metro Station||Punjagutta|
|Osmania Medical College||MG Bus station||Malakpet|
|Chaitanyapuri||Victoria Memorial||L B Nagar|
|Stations – Corridor II:|
|Gandhi Hospital||Musheerabad||RTC Cross Roads|
|M G Bus Station||Salarjung Museum||Charminar|
|Stations – Corridor III:|
|Nagole||Uppal||Survey of India|
|Paradise||Rasool Pura||Prakash Nagar|
|Yusuf Guda||Road No 5 Jubilee Hills||Jubilee Hills Check Post|
|Pedamma Temple||Madhapur||Durgam Chervu|
|Ameerpet Station||Corridor I & III|
|M G B S Station||CorridorI & II|
|Parade Grounds Station||Corridor II & III|
According to news, the Hyderabad metro rail is the most innovative and largest such project in the world in public-private partnership (PPP) mode. The concessionaire, L&T Metro Rail (Hyderabad) Ltd, has fixed a minimum fare of Rs 10 for a distance of up to two kilometres and the maximum fare is Rs 60 for a distance of more than 26 kms.
A smart card was launched on Saturday for metro rail passengers. The card would be used for multiple modes of transport in future, according to reports. A mobile app (named ‘T Savari’) would also be launched for the benefit of passengers, Rao said.
|Up to 2KM||Rs.10|
|More than 26 KM||Rs.60|
The Hyderabad Metro trains would run from 6 am to 10 pm initially and the timings would be rescheduled to 5.30 am to 11 pm, depending on the traffic and demand, Telangana’s Information Technology Minister K T Rama Rao said on Saturday.
- The Metro Rail System has proven to be most efficient in terms of energy consumption, space occupancy and numbers transported.
- High-capacity carriers – very high volumes of peak hour peak direction trips.
- Eco-friendly – causes no air pollution, much less sound pollution.
- Low energy consumption – 20% per passenger km in comparison to road-based systems.
- Greater traffic capacity – carries as much traffic as 7 lanes of bus traffic or 24 lanes of car traffic (either way).
- Very low ground space occupation – 2 meter width only for elevated rail.
- Faster – reduces journey time by 50% to 75%.
- An elevated Metro Rail, with 2 tracks (up and down lines) on a deck erected on pillars in the central median of the road, without obstructing the road traffic.
- Adequate parking space and circulating areas to be provided for multi modal commute
- The proposed rail will have a maximum speed of 80 kmph, the average speed of the trains will be around 34 kmph- an international standard for MRT systems.
- The travel time by Metro Rail from one end to another will be as such:
- 45 minutes for Corridor 1 (Miyapur-L.B. Nagar – 29 KM) as against 1 hr 44 minutes by road.
- 22 minutes for Corridor 2 (Jubilee Bus Station-Falaknuma – 15 Km) as against 1 hr 10 minutes by road.
- 39 minutes for Corridor 3 (Nagole-Raidurg – 28 KM) as against 1 hr 26 minutes by road.
- Rails will of course be continuously welded in order to lessen the noise levels.
- Different categories of aesthetic stations are being designed to reflect the local architecture. As far as possible, parking and circulation areas will be developed on nearby government lands.
- Coaches will be air-conditioned with automatic door closures and many other safety features.
- Eco-friendly travel mode that will reduce air as well as noise pollution in the city terminals. Also station based junctions will be conducted with bus transport (bus rapid transit system) routes & smart card-based automatic ticketing systems.
Conclusion: The Hyderabad Metro Rail Project is the best for the citizens. The project saves the time and also pollution Free while traveling in it.